Sunday, March 27, 2011

And... another 10K done!

It is Sunday and the hour/time was moved forward last night, so we got one hour less sleep... I really don't get why we have to do this... the total savings per home, not per person is of 19€ a year... come on... all this hussle for 19 euros? I really struggle with time changes, both in the fall and now... anyway...

Went to Figueres this am to run the 2ยช Cursa Urbana de Figueres, a 10K with 6 steep and loooooooooooong hills. It was raining at the start and did so for over 25 minutes but it didn't bother much at all ;) Out of the 6 hills I "only" walked 1, so I'm quite happy about that. I was slow, as usual but I felt good. I finished in 1:11:44 and in place 333 out of 378, not bad. I had bib #1, what an honor and what a responsibility! It was nice, well organized, great atmosphere, lovely place... all was good. At the end, hot (and thick) chocolate and cake, a sandwich, an apple, water and a t-shirt, lovely and with reflectors, by the way!

And well... I've done lots of thinking. Not that I haven't done so before but lots more. It is a fact that the "backpack" (my over-weigh) I carry, makes me drag along in many ways. I think it's time to slowly but surely get rid of it. Obviously, just by losing weight I'd go faster. If we add the training, I'll get faster for sure! I need to do it, I want to do it, I have to do it, I (guess) can do it. I'll just try to cut on sweet stuff and keep exercising and take it a day at a time, set little goals and see what happens. I think I can, no wait, I know I can!!

Another 10k (this one here at home) next Sunday, April 3rd and another one in Barcelona the other Sunday, April 10th. I've also signed up for a 15K on April 25th (Easter Monday) and would like to run the half in my city on May 8th. If I want to do that, I obviously need to up my mileage (I think it's been 33km for me this week, yay!) and make "sure" I can finish within the established time by the organization. We'll see!

Went for a jog/walk with Paula yesterday and it was great! We saw lots of tadpoles at the end and we went today to get some to take to school to observe how they transform! Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment