Saturday, March 19, 2011

The race that won't be :(









All my fault, just my fault... I haven't trained... I can't go to a half just like that. Anyway... I did go pick my bib and runner's bag and took the kids to the beach to run and play... they loved it! It was so exciting seeing all the race atmosphere, all the athletes, the banners, the signals... hope that makes me think and I get going!

Paula and Jan slept at school last night. They celebrated what they call spring night when kids sleep at school to welcome spring. They had a whale of a time! I picked them up today at 9 am and then went to see a couple of Paula's friends on a gymnastics exhibition.

After Pol's nap, we went to Calella to pick the race package and since we couldn't find a park for the kids to play in, we just went to the beach. Today is the day when the moon's closest to the earth in 2 decades... well.. got to the beach, and the moon was just at the horizon, all red and lovely and it started going up, up, up... it was lovely! The kids chased the waves... it was fun!

I have my bib number: 819, the t-shirt and a towel plus a bag... at least I've go that !!

A lovely afternoon. Great weather expected again tomorrow so I might take them to the beach again when it's NOT dark and then park. They love being outdoors and it's great for them too!

Pics are from the kids at the beack. Aren't they cute?

1 comment:

  1. Your family is adorable! And you are very smart to bag the half rather than risking injury. Good job!

    ReplyDelete