Saturday, March 12, 2011

Time to get serious

So, another week's gone by... I'm getting old :p

It's raining. Has been all day. It's 6:31pm and it keeps raining... oh well... Toni and Paula went shopping in the am. The boys and I stayed in. We figure that all "covered" places, such as the mall or kiddie's places will be packed, so we're staying in! The boys don't seem bothered about it :p

Pol slept until 10:30 am :o and he took an over 2 hour nap :o I woke him up... this kid's only sleeping, LOL! No wonder he's got so much energy with such nice rests, LOL!

Dad was in hospital from Tuesday March 1st until last Wednesday and then into a hospital-home and it seems like he's going back to hospital on Monday. We had to go celebrate my sister's birthday tomorrow (she's 43 on Monday) but it's been cancelled as dad's so bad. So we'll see what happens... he had a huge stroke almost 2 years ago and since then it's one thing after the other...

So, maybe it's been an eye-opener, or maybe what I needed... I don't know... then I saw Deloris posting on DM and how well she's doing. Lots of inspiration on DM, and lots from Deloris, she's progressed so much... she's amazing!

So I will run that 5K in Girona tomorrow, bringing Paula along and will take it from there. My half on Sunday next week is totally out of the question as I haven't run in a month but there'll be more races to come. If I could keep training 3 days a week plus a weekend day I think I'll be back on track. It's all a matter of organization. My goal? The Barcelona marathon in 2012, held March 20th... a year to go. Guess I can do it, we'll see, if not, NY 2013 for sure!!! Lots to do before that though :p

It's about time I took care of myself and loved myself, I've got enough reasons to do it!

I saw a dietitian on Tuesday and really liked him... he's going to teach me how to do things properly which is good... unlike other diets, he's teaching me how to eat so I can eat a bit of everything and even go to a wedding if needed and eat as much as I want :D Maybe things are starting to look up!

On Thursday, Paula's coach told me how good she was at the competition and even how the main coach was amazed with her floor routine :D :D :D (it's grand, coming from her!!!) and how she works hard to achieve things... when something doesn't work out she'll try and try and try and try and keep trying until she gets it, instead of getting a kind of blockage (what happens to me, LOL)... it was nice to hear... also she said she's very secure and a gymnast you can count on and that she's to be in the podium in every competition as she's got what it takes to be there... yes... I'm drooling all over, LOL!

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck in your 5k, sorry to hear about your half. They'll be others...

    ReplyDelete