Sunday, March 13, 2011

I Cursa de la Dona de Girona

Today, a first edition of a race was held in Girona. It was a 5K and I went with Paula. It was my first run in a month :o IT WAS GREAT! I set off slow, as usual even more so after not having run for a month and Paula started getting ahead... I was a little worried to not see her/have her with me but she was going with the flow. At K 2.5 I caught up with her. She had a side stitch, my poor little thing. So we walked some and run some. We finished in 36:10 which I consider and excellent time! I'm so proud of Paula (she is too!) and of myself too. After it rained ALL day nonstop yesterday, the sun was shining today and the temperature was lovely! The race was tiny but extremely well organized and with a lovely course. I really enjoyed it!

After the race we headed to Barcelona for lunch with my brother and his kids. The kids had a great time. After lunch at a restaurant we went to a park to play for a while. It was only a tiny one but they loved it!

We headed back and dinner will follow shortly and early bedtime... they should be exhausted!

A lovely day with gorgeous weather and a lovely run... can't ask for much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment