Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sleep deprived week

It's been a week since my last post...oops... I've been very very busy but I've been good. I did 2 training runs this week, a 10k total on Thursday and a 7.3K on Friday. Both great and progressive, amazingly enough. I added loops and hill on Thursday and it went really well. I haven't gone to bed before 1 any day this week, ugh... I am very very tired... I went out for both my runs at 10pm...

I had a 10K today here in Girona... I had a dinner last night and a birthday party in the afternoon... a bit hectic... left the restaurant at 2am... got home, went to bed and Pol woke up twice before 3... ugh... he slept through after that. My neighbours woke me up before 7, how nice... NOT! I got up at 8, fed Pol and put him back in bed. My left knee hurt and my right ankle was funny... the thought of not going crossed my mind but I decided to give it a try... as I walked over to the race site I started feeling better. I did the warmup and all was good, so I gave it a try... and boy oh boy, am I happy I did!!!!!! It was a lovely warm sunny morning and I started slow but feeling good. Trying to keep up with the people around me. I only walked about 20 seconds when I got my bottle of water. I somehow managed to do the last 2 k really faster than any of the ks in the race :p I finished in 1:07:16... a full 4 minutes faster than my 10K last week!!!!! Feeling good and wanting more! Splits were: 6:24, 6:29, 6:37, 6:35, 6:42, 7:03, 7:07, 7:03, 6:44 and 6:32, so the 2 last ones were NOT the fastest but lot faster than the previous... what a wonderful feeling!

Next Sunday, 20,000 runners will take Barcelona... woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment