Monday, April 25, 2011

Cursa de Fons de Canovelles

Yes! I did it! I run the Cursa de Fons de Canovelles, a 15K. Had second thoughts about it this am upon having to get out of bed, but so glad. I went. Lovely people, good organitzation, beautiful route... too bad they run out of coke/water at the end. Only beer available... NO WAY!

So, left the house late, about 20 minutes later than I wished, got there, got lost, then couldn't park. In the end I made it at 9:40. Race was starting at 10. Got my bib, went to the toilet, left my bad and off I went. No time for warmup :o The race starts... uphill for about 1/3 of a mile, really steep but hey, it's the beginning and I'm fresh ;) BTW, no breakfast for me... only a coffee... couldn't get anything down. Make it to K5 great and then, turn into the woods. Steep hill that I walk. At the top I see some runners and I get to pass them, yay! I keep running until K8.5 approximately when there's another hill, not as steep but very long, so I decide to walk it. An older man who passed me at the beginning and then I passed again, catches up with me and we've gone together til the end. He really made it easier. Having someone to run with and talk to was great! We even sprinted to cross the finish line ;)

In the end 1:51:03. Very happy for having finished and seeing I'm not scared of the distance. Loved it! Beautiful sorroundings. I'd really like to do it again next year or whenever!

No comments:

Post a Comment