Sunday, May 8, 2011

Races and places

It's been a while... again... ugh!

Well... I run my 9 miler on Monday, April 25th and it was an amazing experience, first running through the city and then in the woods, really nice. I finished in 1:51, really happy about it! Plus I met this guy who's had a tough life and we talked a lot... it was great!

I then went for runs on May 4th, 9kms, May 6th, 6kms and May 8th, 10km! Yes, that's today! I did a race right around the corner from home. It was a 9k but managed 10 due to having to speed to get there. I was 5 minutes slower than last year :( still, got it done and feel great about it! The blisters on my feet don't feel that good though...

We went to England and we didn't get to run :( Grandma looked well, we went out for lunch and shopping, it was great, but then, on Wednesday, she had a heart attack and is now in hospital. Has to have a valve put in. Mom flew over today and she said she was unlucky enough to fall in the shower this am and hurt her foot and bump her nose... oh my...

I did my exams on Friday and they were ok for not having done much. Went again yesterday and was caught up in traffic so I missed the first one, argh! Caught up with my SIL and went to the Nike Store to get my diploma and DVD from the Bombers Race and went back to the exam site. Did my exam. It was ok, we'll see.

I am extremely tired and it's getting hot here... my feet are killing me due to my blisters... I really need someone to cure it for me... it is painful but oh well, guess it could be worse!

My brother and I, AKA the Forrest Team will be traveling to London, England in September to run the run to the beat half marathon on September 25th, woohoo!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment