Monday, January 4, 2010

January 4th, time for an update!

So... 2010 is finally here... woohoo!!! The year started well, no aggro!

Getting down to business... went for my first run of 2010 yesterday, January 3rd. I had to take walk breaks as I couldn't keep up. It was cold but don't think that had anything to do with it... Anyway did almost 6ks in over 42 minutes slow, but considering I walked in between it's an ok pace for me I'd say. What counts for me is that I got out there and did it. It was midday, hardly anyone on the bike path, lovely! I also did a BC video and some core work (300 abs, 100 back, lunges and squats)

I've decided to try and start a streak so I went running again today. The intention is to run short little runs in between days just to keep the streak going. Getting out there even if it's only for 1k. I did 2.5ks today in 16 minutes. I felt strong from beginning to end... such a wonderful feeling! Didn't feel tired or that I was pushing it... it was perfect. It was also running. Got to the street ready to go running and saw it was raining but I went anyway. I loved the feeling too! Hardly anyone about either... a little cold but got warm in no time, LOL!

I also went ice skating with Paula today for an hour. We had a blast! We then stayed at the Christmas park and the kids had the most wonderful time. I just love seing them so happy and jolly!

Went to Banyoles yesterday am to feed the ducks. It was cold, chilly, but we had a great time. I went for my run when we got back. Supposed to go to Ikea tomorrow. We run our last minute errands today... the 3 kings are coming tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment