Sunday, January 10, 2010

Awesome run!

Woohoo... finally got out there... did quite a few things of what I listed before... 3rd washing machine is doing its cycle, fed Pol and put him to bed, went out for my run and had my lunch (shower is coming shortly), so pretty good all in all!

So yes... I went running. Last running day was 1/6, King's Day and it was a crappy run. Today, I walked a long way as a warmup and then took it from there. I run 15 minutes, walked 5 and then run 15 (15:29) more. Even with the walking my pace was good. I did 5.319 in 35:29, that's a 6:40 m/km pace. I'm sooooooooooooo happy. Plus it felt so good all the way! My new shoes are great, my new socks worked awesome and my sports bra is top of the pops, LOL! So happy I got out there and did it. A nice sunny although cold day. Without the walking I did 4.750 in 30:29... really lowering my 5K pace which is amazing. Never thought the run/walking system could be so good. I will surely use it in my next 10k in Barcelona on 1/24. It won't be 5 minute breaks, rather 2-3 minutes but will use it for sure!

So that's that, I'm back and needed that run for motivation... I feel I can do it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment