Sunday, January 24, 2010

Another race under the belt!

What a great day! Well... couldn't go and spend the weekend in Barcelona as the boys are not well. Little Pol's got an ear infection and his fever is sky high, poor little thing... he's really having a hard time. So, after a sleepless night because Pol was whining all the time and Paula came twice, I got up at 6:30, took a shower and off I went to Barcelona. Got there at 8, had breakfast with my brother and headed to the race. Over 3,500 runners, a great atmosphere as usual, no rain (although forecast called for it) and not too cold... perfect!

Off we set and I started running but soon (after 12 minutes approximately) stopped to walk... I run/walked all of the race and it was great... never felt tired or like giving up or I couldn't do it... I just kept going and loving every step of it. I shaved 5'4" off my previous 10K time (done on 11/29) finishing in 1:12:07... still slow and needing improvement, but a lot better than the 1:17:11 on my 1st 10K! And it'll keep getting better... I'm working at it and will keep doing so! After the race we went back to my brother's to get my bag and stuff and headed home... nothing hurt... on 11/29, I remember having problems getting off the underground, LOL! Didn't get any blisters either! It is now 8:27pm and I can start feeling my calves but have been great all day... wonderful!

So, a great day despite having a sick baby. Next race is on 3/7... just a short 6.5K but will be great, I just know it!

1 comment: