Thursday, December 31, 2009

4th race under the belt!

Ok, so Dec. 31st still, 9:22pm as I type this and... I DID IT! I completed the 5ª Sant Silvestre de Girona this afternoon, at 6. It was a 5.4k race. 1000 runners. A wonderful atmosphere. Such a lively race. Streets packed with people... really lovely. I walked 1 minute of it and now think I could have done without but it's ok, I did it and that's it. I finished in 36:38 official time, 36:28 according to my stop watch. Oh well, I'll take it either way! It's been a 6:45 min/km. And to think that only a month and 2 days ago when I run the Jean Bouin in Barcelona, my 5k time was 36:44! I did 34:59 on Sunday and if this had been a 5K my time would have been a little less than 34 minutes... woot! I did go *fast* for me and I could tell. Had to slow down as my heart was telling me to...

So, there goes 2009, 4 races under my belt only after 4 months of starting running... I think I can be proud of it and I am.

Hoping for a very runny 2010!

Last minutes of 2009. Kids are in bed. They'll wake up to a new year in the am, a wonderful year!

About being a proud mom... there's more. When I picked Paula up at camp, the headmistress and the best gymastics coach ever was there. I never have the chance of talking to her. Today I did. She told me how well Paula's doing, how much she's improving and what a hard worker she is... wow... I wasn't even touching the ground! Firs competition for her is on Feb. 6th, secons on Feb. 20th and third on March 13th. She says she wants to win, LOL! Did some talking on that. She's already a winner!

Happy New Year!

4 comments:

  1. Felicitats per la Sant Silvestre i el resultat. poc a poc iràs millorant, amb perseverancia i entrenament.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gràcies Xevi! Uau... no sabia que tenia un comentari... quina passada! Vaig córrer amb vosaltres un trosset de la Marató per la Marató de TV3... va ser genial! Gràcies per la iniciativa. Mica en mica, oi? Fins aviat,

    Jacky

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS on your race!! That is awesome.

    Yay Paula! You have every right to be very proud! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Susan! Can you tell I'm a proud mom? :p Can never have enough good words for my kids!

    ReplyDelete