Thursday, December 3, 2009

Just marking my spot

It's been a few days so I thought I'd write something...

The week's good so far... I've been able to control my eating wich is my biggest effort so I'm happy about it. Saw the nutritionist on Tuesday. I've lost 2 more kg and all fat so that's good too! If after doing all I've done with the food I still lost, imagine if I'd been good... better not, LOL! Not seing him again until Jan 12th... after the holidays... thank goodness for those races in between to make all the food go down!

I'm a very proud mom, proud of all my 3 kids... Pol, the youngest is walking better and better each day... something clicked in the last 24 hours and now he's on his feet 90% of the time... amazing! He's really lively and communicates great! Jan, my middle man is my love... he's such a sweet little boy. He's reading and writing really well, behaves well at school and teacher says he's very smart. Paula, my eldest and only girl has just been moved up at gymnastics... and... they've put her in COMPETITION 1... that's her group... she only started on March 1st. Her flexibility then was 0, so was the strength on her arms and look at her now... I'm so proud... she loved it today, she's the youngest in her group too!

Went for a run yesterday and used my GPS! It was great... a lovely run, my fastest yet, LOL... as slow as I was, it was my fastest, hahahahaha... can't help it. But it was great... I felt really "light". Nothing was hurting anymore, after being very sore Monday and Tuesday so that's why I headed out. Hoping to go again tomorrow and hoping for a daylight run on Sunday... we'll see!

I had a *down* moment on Monday or Tuesday... I saw the finish line video from the 10K race on Sunday... geez... I hated what I saw but then again, I turned it around and I know think of it as something to look at as I improve. Hopefully I'll see a difference in time and that will remind me of how far I've come... also... that video would be unthinkable of only 2 months ago so... jsut staying with the bright side of it!

There's no point in looking back. What's been done's been done, so why cry or waste time over it... move ahead, head up!

I realised on Sunday that running isn't about age, or sex, or weight really, it's just about getting out there and doing it, training and you can do it no matter how old, how fat or anything else!

So... I have a dinner next Friday with friends, then we're going away the weekend after and then it's Xmas... I need to control my eating... I can do it... just do it!!!!!! (that's a note to self...)

No comments:

Post a Comment