Sunday, November 29, 2009

First race down!

Here I am... it's been a crazy week... haven't been specially good food wise but I think I can get back on track!

I turned 39 yesterday and it was a great day. I am blessed with a wonderful family and some good friends... not much more I could ask for really! I even got a few presents... I'm over the moon! I got an MP3 player to go running from my friends, a tin for biscuits/cookies from my brother and sister in law filled with chocolates, money from mom and grandma and... a GPS to know the exact distance I run and a laptop... I'm thrilled! It was a lovely day.

And... I ran my first 10K today... my first in 3 years... I went to Barcelona. Got up at 6:30, everything was ready. Got dressed and headed over. Met my brother and off we went... the atmosphere was awesome... over 6,000 people ready to run... amazing, fantastic, awesome... cool! The gun went off or whatever it was since I didn't hear it and we set off... lost my brother right away... everyone was passing me until I was last for most of the race... the ambulance and the police bikes behind me, but I kept going, my own race at my own pace and little by little I got to the end... I crossed the 5K mark at 36:49, which is a PB for the time being. I came in... everyone cheering, my brother waiting... it was great... I clapped back at the people and crossed the finish line with my arms up... after all I did it... I run the full thing and I finished... a big accomplishment... I'm really proud of my achievement! So, on to the next run... can't wait!

Best of all... I run pain free all the time... I'm in shock and sooooooooo happy! The only thing that hurts/bothers me is a couple of blisters on my right foot, other than that, it's great!

My kids are great... they've been cheering from home and are too proud of their mom... I have a perfect family!

No comments:

Post a Comment