Sunday, November 1, 2009

Falling off the wagon...

Hi! It's been a little while... been away and just have had no time for anything. But now I have a moment so... here I am!

My little Pol, my little baby's 1 already... he was one on Friday... now, how on earth did that happen? Time's gone by way too fast... not while at it but looking back... my gosh... a year ago I was at hospital. Pol was a tiny baby that could do nothing on his own and look at him now... I so treasure those memories!

Ok... it's been the city's fair so we only had a 3 day week (working wise) last week and it was special with special things planned everyday which made it even more special. Loved it as children had lots of fun!

On Thursday we headed for Port Aventura, a huge amusement park about 2 hours drive from us. The kids had an absolut blast... it was just sooooooooo worth it... such a lovely family time together! Instead of going to the fair in town which is filthy and expensive we went over and slept over too. Found a great offer and can't wait to have that offer again and go back. Seing the spark in my kid's eyes was priceless!!! Loved every minute of it although Paula was scared of the vampires... after all it was Halloween!!!! So we went on Thurs and came back on Fri. The night at the hotel was great and in the am we were all awake waiting for birthday boy to wake up... too funny... he made us wait until 8:45, what a champ!

Yesterday was a very easy day... not much except taking baby to the docs... a double ear infection... decided to take his temp as I felt him hot, otherwise, no symptoms! He's been ok since except for today at snack time when he's thrown it all up... he had a temp again, which he hadn't had since yesterday... shocking to say the least. Thanks heaven for Dalsy (ibuprofen), he's happy as can be! Will be taking antibiotic for a week and hopefully he's feeling all better tomorrow... also 2 teeth, actually 3, coming through... poor fella, all at once!

We went to the fair today just to take a look. We had told the kids no rides since we had gone to the amusement park already and 2 days in a row but we said just 1 ride and they were thrilled although they could tell the difference! They had a blast and were so thankful we let them go on that one ride. They're really cute! I loved the food and crafts fair, as usual, although there were lots less stalls due to the crisis, still it was very nice and we went early enough not to find lots and lots of people on *the* day, since the whole province is in the city!

We've spent the afternoon at home since Pol had a temperature again. We did blow a candle for his 1st birthday and we sang happy birthday to him... he's such a cutie pie! Now dad's taken Paula and Jan to his parents to see the fireworks from their balcony and I'm staying home with baby to put him in bed as usual. It's so nice and peaceful!

As for me... have fallen a bit off the wagon, not 100% but haven't been as good as I should have... eating wise I've had a few forbidden items and I haven't run in a week... I don't know what's up wether it's the weather/season, my thyroid or just me but I'm extremely exhausted. Funny now that Pol's sleeping the night through and so I am I'm more tired than ever... I have new shoes and want to get out there... I'm sure the light savings thing's got to do with it because it's since we changed the time I haven't been running. I have a 10K race on Nov. 29th so I better get my butt into gear!

I have to be a good girl. It's all about control. I can do it. I have to do it. Just do it Jacky... it only depends on you girl... it's just that food is so yummy... darn food!

Love my kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment