Sunday, December 27, 2009

Another one down!

So, today was La Sansi de Lloret de Mar, a 5k in Lloret (how surprising, right, LOL!). We got up and we all went over... we almost didn't make it... it was very foggy and missed the turn but we did make it! Hubby dropped me off and I run to get my bib and my chip and run back to the start. Had just enough time to put the chip on my shoe and the gun went off... perfect!

I set off slow as there were lots of people. Almost 2000 and we were all packed together but picked up my pace later (my own pace). It was a very nice day. The sun was shining, awesome atmosphere, lots of people... just great! After having run a little over 5 minutes (that's my guess) I saw hubby and the kids waving at me... it was such a booster to see them! Hubby took photos and the kids cheered along! I was full of energy. By the time I got to the roundabout, 12 minutes into the race, the leaders were coming back. They had about 800 meters to go (another guess). The winner finished in 14:23 and the second, just a second after (he's the organizer of the race!). People kept coming in, it was great!

We run along the seaside... it was just so nice and peaceful despite all the people, I loved it! I run all the race although my brain was telling me that walking a little would be ok... I ignored it and I run... I'm so happy. At the bend right as I was entering the stadium, I spotted my family again... what a boost of energy! The kids seemed so proud of mommy! I didn't know but I still had to run a lap at the stadium... it was neverending, but in the end, I did cross that finish line, happy as could be! I figured my time would be around 35 minutes... and I clocked it... 34:59, even better, LOL! I was 1804 out of 1902, the 408 woman out of 471... not bad for having started running with C25K only 4 months ago... I'm happy, I'm proud, I'm satisfied... great accomplishment. Lots to improve but lots done already!

So I got my Powerade which was delicious and came in really handy and went to get my back of goodies. Came back, fed Pol his lunch (he was starving, poor soul!). Went back for another pack of goodies since I still had my slip for it :p (it wasn't picked up the first time around...), got Pol walking, stopped at the park for the kids to play a little and headed back home with a smile on my face!

Upon arriving, Pol went straight down for his nap, we had our lunch and will have a nice quiet afternoon at home!

One more to go on Dec. 31st... just can't wait! Is this addictive or what???

Kids were great and keep saying they had a blast... gotta love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment