Sunday, May 2, 2010

Ugh

Well, the title says it all, ugh...

After a rough week... I mean after not having run for a week and having 3 training runs in during this week I thought all was back in track. My training runs were good and I felt great while doing them.

Today was the 10K at Empúries. We went to l'Escala yesterday to pick up my bib number and bag so I knew where to go today, LOL! We had a great time. I even met Arcadi Alibés who wrote a book on running called "run to be happy" and he signed it for me! The kids were great!

I got up at 6:30 (went to bed after midnight...) after Pol woke up at 4:20 (I have to add he had (sorry) pooped so I had to change him). I took a shower, got dressed and off I went. Got there, parked and headed to the race area. Met an old friend and chatted. Missed the photo as I was in line to go potty... my MP3, although I charged it, was flat, so... no music for me. Ileft my bag and off I went to the start line.

Things were going great, no sun, so no heat, and good time at k2... but I don't know what happened after... I thought I was going great. I caught this older man (he was 69) and he kept me going. I made such an effort to keep at his pace. The race was full of "invisible" uphills... it was hard... when I saw the time at the finish line I could have cried... how on earth did I do soooooooooo bad??? It was pathetic, horrible... then again, looking at the bright side, as there's always one... another 10K under my belt, it wasn't hot, I had company and I'm in one piece!!!

Hoping for a better race next time!

2 comments:

  1. You are a 10k running maven!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Susan... thanks! with so many 10ks you would think so but... oh well... I am trying and... I ain't quitting :) Thanks sweetie!

    ReplyDelete