Sunday, May 9, 2010

Proud


It's Sunday, May 9th. 3:14pm as I start to type... it's been a great morning!

To begin with, Pol slept the night throug again. I got up at 8, both Paula and Jan were up and we got ready to go to the race. We left the house at around 8:30. Got there, got their bibs and chips and gathered with all their school mates. Lovely atmosphere. Lots of children! I am so PROUD... Paula was on her own... never saw her even start... she's such a big girl and such a champ! I was with Jan. Last year after his 3rd step (and I ain't kidding) he was crying and I had to drag him (I wasn't going to carry him). But today... he was great, and the best part was his attitude towards it. He was so happy and so into it! Paula ran the 500meters in 3:51, Jan in 5:01... what a couple of champs I've got! They got a neck warmer (the thin kind) as a present and were as happy as could be. Some moms picked them up and headed to the park while I ran my race!

At 9:35 my race started. I set off nicely. First 4k had lots of hills, last 2 as well, but I enjoyed the downhills very much :p Water at K3 and K 8 which was awesome (there was a half marathon at the same time so I guess that's why there were 2 water stations!). In the end 9k 420m in 1:01:04. I estimated to do it in less time but I'm happy, a little over 6:30 mins per km, right on my pace! It didn't rain, it was partly sunny, hot but not unbearable!

I finished right after the firsth 1/2 marathoner arrived. I waited to see how the 2nd, 3rd and others arrived, also the 1st woman, it was very exciting!

The organization of the event wasn't bad but the finish and how to get out and such could have been a lot better. Still, a home race, a lovely sporty atmosphere and one more under the belt!

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there. I love being a mom!!!! And a runner!

2 comments:

  1. What adorable kiddos! We are indeed blessed, aren't we?!?

    You ran a good race. It is awesome to be a mom AND runner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are Susan, we truly are!

    Being a mom and a runner is about the best combination there is! I love being a mom and I love running... can't get much better ;)

    ReplyDelete