Monday, May 24, 2010

Cursa de Fons d'Olivella-Margalló

So, I (sort of) did it! 13kms in the parc natural del Garraf... what a steepy race... my goodness... never seen anything like it but also, never seen such a beautiful place to run in before! Lovely mountain trails and woods... very very nice! It was very hot. The race usually takes place in early April and it was moved to late May but kept the start time at 10am... way too hot but it was a gorgeous day so, no complaints :)

Up to km4 it was ok, downhill and mostly flat but after that... geez... it went up, up, up and specially from k8.5 to 10... that was a killer... looked more like a climb than anything else! Still, the sight at the top was priceless! Last 2ks were mostly downhill. Finished in 1:40:55 according to my stopwatch which I trust because I turn it on as I cross the start line and off as I cross the finish line! Slowish but considering I walked about 4-5ks I don't think it's that bad! Got to meet many of the people that train with my PT so that was nice too. I was with Maria the full time, a lady in the team. She's great. So nice to finally get to meet her! Also met my PT... a lovely humble guy, he's a champ!

So today... I'm sore, sore sore... my quads scream everytime I go downstairs or downhill... ouch! I can also feel my glutes... on the bright side... I DO HAVE SOME!!!! But it's a *nice* kind of pain... I got a heck of a workout yesterday!

Didn't feel my injury at all yesterday. Wore my compression socks. Was ok up to about an hour ago when all of the sudden it started bothering me... weird considering I didn't do anything, it just started bothering... oh well... hopefully I'll get rid of it some day!

Next race is an 11K on Sunday in BCN, with about 50,000 runners! Should be fun... we'll go IN the Olympic Stadium and run a lap around it... I get goose bumps everytime I think about it... I think I'll cry when I'm there! Can't wait. Hope my leg *respects* me! First 3k are about flat, then 4 go up and then the rest is downhill, woohoo!

Kids are good... love my babes, they're my strength, they're my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment