Saturday, May 29, 2010

11 hours to go!

To start la cursa de El Corte Inglés... the biggest popular race in Europe with over 50,000 runners! Wow... guess I won't be running on my own tomorrow, LOL!

It is 10:20pm... still have to have dinner but everything is ready for tomorrow. Kid's clothes (they're not coming but ready for DH in case he needs to get them dressed!), my bag and my clothes... all in place... I'm sooooooooo excited... we'll be doing a lap in the Olympic Stadium... I just think I'll cry... it'll be so GRAND! So my bag is filled with spare socks, 2 liters of water, ibuprofen, carnitin, gum, my stop watch, HRM, cap and a few other odds and ends. Have the bibs and *water* tickets ready and the piece of "tartan", the original one from the 1992 Olympic Games, which was the "present" from the organization for running the race! Mine is staying home but I'm taking my brother's to him, he deserves it! Got lots of safety pins too! Need to pack my MP3 player... oh yes... that's a must! Just have!

So, getting up at 6:30, leaving as soon as I'm dressed to be in Barcelona by 8. Race starts at 9:30 but want to allow plenty of time. My brother lives about 8 minutes walk from the start/finish line... great! Weather forecast calls for great weather so I'll just enjoy the ride... there are 2 big and steep hills, 1km long each, one from 3 to 4 and the other from 5 to 6! After that... downhill and flat for 5K... perfect!

Ok... going to get dinner ready. Hoping Pol sleeps the night through again tonight so I can get a few hours straight of sleep!

Only 4 races to go... tomorrow, June 6th, June 13th and July 4th... then a break until September... fits in just perfect!

Hope to do well tomorrow and run pain free!

No comments:

Post a Comment