Saturday, May 22, 2010

Saturday
















A week ago today, Paula won her first medal ever. She still has a smile on her face. And I'm still soooooo proud of her and all the effort she puts into it but specially of how much she likes it and enjoys it! She was told yesterday that due to her results on all 3 phases of the competition (Feb. 14, March 20 and May 15) she's going to the final on June 6th (yes, only 2 weeks from now, yikes!) and she's the only one from her group going... can a mom be more proud? I'm thrilled and so is she... she loves competing... well... don't really know wether she understands what competing is/means but she loves the atmosphere, being with the coaches, etc. It really is nice! So off we go to Barcelona on June 6th, waiting to know about schedules since I have a race that am that I might have to skip depending on the time she competes... I'm not missing it for the world!
I have posted my 5 favourite pictures (from the 3 competitons) on all the apparatus. So great to see how far she's come! Proud? Yes... I am VERY proud! :p

So, ok... I went out running on Sunday and while it was "liberating" and great, my 3 year long injury, re-appeared... I could NOT believe it... what's up? I've invested on proper good and expensive shoes, I have a PT, I do ST I try to take care... I am sad/confused/overwhelmed/angry/in disbelief... well... you can picture it. Knowing me, I did NOT stop running, I run through it and in the end (as it used to happen almost 4 years ago) it disappeared but then, I can feel pain any time of day. I did have (not now but a year ago) X-rays, scans and an MRI that showed NOTHING and I mean NOTHING, which is desperating. There's pain and yet noone can figure out what's up! My doc is in Puerto Rico at the world's sport's medicine convention giving a talk on plantar fascitis and a treatment he's "created" for it! So I have to wait for him to be back. Then again, it seems like it is a circulation problem after all. I do have a very thick vein there and I've always said if it could be like a "varicous" (sp?) vein. My doc said I have bad vein return so it could be that... I don't know... it could be... the heat's started... who knows!

Anyhow... it's a downer, I've been really anxious and feeling the pain here, there and everywhere. Still, I have a 13K race tomorrow that I'm going to, previous ibuprofen, of course, as I do in all my races. We'll see what happens. It's on dirt too so that should help!

On Monday I had a dizziness spell that was horrible, felt bad Tuesday night (ate no dinner, so something had to be wrong, LOL) and was dizzy Weds am, so I went to the doc Weds pm. Had 2 EKG and some neurological tests... all is NORMAL, thank goodness! Anxiety/stress seems to be the cause... funny how when they don't know what a child has, it's always a virus and when they can't figure out what an adult has, it's stress... oh well... in my case, could very well be ;) My doc, who's awesome said she'll talk to the cardiologist (sp?) anyway and will have me on a HRM for 24 hours to see if they see anything, which she says could be a littel arrythmia which is normal and I shouldn't worry about... not worry?? Easier said than done! I did have an effort test last August and everything was normal and the EKGs are normal so I guess all is a-ok!

My nephew's bday party this afternoon, race with post-race meal tomorrow... hoping/planning to start a healthy/healthier life as of Monday. I need it. My arms I grossly fat and so am I all over, but that will soon be history :)

Fingers crossed for all my aches and pains to go away the same way they came ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment