Thursday, May 27, 2010

A few things...

I went to Barcelona yesterday. The guy who was at the race stand when I went was useless, he's been dispatched and registered my brother and me wrongly. What an idiot, sorry to say... but hey, there's only a bar code to scan, and a bib number and bag to give, full stop... if you can't even do that... anyway, went and had it done properly, so I got a new bib number (had 7151 and now have 63026, wow! So all is set for Sunday and my race will be dedicated to my bestest friend and a better person!

Coming back from Barcelona, it was "early" as in, I had a little over an hour and decided to go for a run. It was 12:30... HUGE MISTAKE... it was extremely hot and my legs were still tired from Sunday... not my best run but a run nontheless! Thank goodness I wore my new hat... the sun was shining bright and strong, no wonder, being the time it was...

And today... I got very sad news... my bestest friend, the one I'm dedicating my race to on Sunday sms'd me to tell me she lost her baby. She was 3 and 1/2 months along... this is her second m/c and the worse is that she was at the ER yesterday, everything was fine, as in heart was beating, and this am, she "gave birth" to the baby and had to go with the baby to hospital. Nothing to be done... I so feel for her... she so badly wants to be a mom and she's such a heck of a woman... not fair, not fair at all. I am there/here for her. I will hold her hand and we'll cry together, cause that's what we do... no words needed... so I'm going running now and I'm running for my "nephew or niece" that's resting in peace. Sis, you know I love you. I'm right here for you!

It's hard to understand life at times... why do things like these happen? I've been there 3 times (well, not that bad, as passing the child and seing it...) and it ain't fun. It hurts so bad. We're human and time helps heal but these children will live in our hearts and lives forever. So unfair to see "not as great people" having children without problems and seing others struggle when they're good. I just don't get it.

It's at times like this when you realize we often complain about STUPID things, things that have no meaning, that we moan too much too easily. We should really focus more on the truly important things and forget about the silly stuff. We should also (at least me) value more the simple things in life because we take them for granted, yet, they're all wonderful. Things such as the sunshine, the flowers blooming, the smile of a child, a full moon, a starry sky, having friends, having a wonderful family... we really must see past the end of our noses!!!!

Enough philosophy for today. Guess I needed to "download" a bit... feel so bad for her, she must feel sooooooo empty, my poor dear friend... she's about the best person on earth! Love you sis!

No comments:

Post a Comment