Sunday, May 30, 2010

Running in Barcelona

Today was the day... 58,000 of us, that's runners, TOOK Barcelona... it was AMAZING! People everywhere... colours, pavement pounding... great!

The cherry on the cake was the lap in the Olympic Stadium... I even dropped a tear... it was so exciting!

I did great up to K4: 24:26, then walked uphill... boy it was steep! But "only" took me 23 minutes to do the last 4K... quite happy. All in all 1:14, having to stop at the entrance of the stadium due to the crowd, and on the way out again, and on the last 25 meters which took 5 full minutes (finish area was way too narrow for sooooooooooo many people), which I already took off my time (I stopped my watch!). A great morning with lovely weather (maybe a bit too hot!). I wore my hat, thank goodness! The organization could have been better at times but... no complaints, it was awesome!

Only 3 more races to go and then a (much deserved) break until September!

Kids didn't wake up until 9:30 (that's when the race begun, LOL) so Toni had a lovely lay in too! Can it get any better?

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME!!!!! You and your races - wow.

    20 pounds in 20 weeks in well underway. I will weigh tomorrow. I don't think I'll see the scale budge, but I did have a few good days, and I walked (at least walked) every day this week except for today (recovering from 15 miler).

    ReplyDelete