Friday, October 16, 2009

A good day

Today was a good day all in all. Once more I managed not to binge or eat anything *ilegal*, which for me is huge since I'm addicted to food and more so to junk food, sweets, pastries, etc. So it's been a 5 full days without any chocolate or sugar or sweets... only healthy stuff, fruit, vegs, lots of salads, lean protein (and scarce too), 0% yogurts and water. I have lost a tinsy bit of weight but slowly does it, I guess!

Best thing is that I managed to fit a run in today... boy was it a delight... I felt free, just like everytime I run... I love that feeling... also... I left all my stress on that run... simply awesome. I'm not fast, I'm not Kenyan or Ehtiopian but I run my own race at my own pace and that's good enough. About 8 weeks ago I couldn't even run 30 seconds straight and I run 34:50 today and 44:27 the other day! It was 2.78 miles today, slow but I did it. I got out there after a full week's work, after settling all 3 kids, after being tired. I'm proud I pushed myself to go. I loved it. The air is crispy now and running's better, you feel like moving to get warm!

The kids were *better* today (the ones at work that is) so that contributed to my having a better day too.

This won't be an easy journey. I do believe, despite everyone laughing at me, I am addicted to food. It is a problem to me but noone seems to find it important, of course... it's not their problem, it's mine. So, it won't be easy but it'll be done. I'm not here by chance I'm here because I got into this so I have to get myself out of it. There will be better and worse days... I'll have to learn to deal with it and when I slip, I'll have to pick myself up and start all over and not let myself slip for days, weeks, months or years, as I have before. Yes, I do have a thyroid issue that doesn't help, but binging and eating compulsively and unhealthy, doesn't help either.

I've always wanted to run a marathon. Make no mistake... I will run it... not yet, but I will. I know I can do it. It won't be at the Olympics, but it'll be my race and to me it'll be as important as being in the Olympics.

One more day, one less day!

No comments:

Post a Comment