Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The run that wasn't

Last day of our long weekend. We had to go to the park with the in-laws. It was a lovely sunny day and the kids could run around which they very much need. My MIL says that the park is too uncomfy for them, say what??? We can sit at the bar on proper chairs no problem you know... so we had to go to their house, locked in on a beautiful day. I was burning with anger. I didn't say about going for a run while the kids were with the grandparents cause I can't leave them alone at the park with Toni (IL's are very old), so I plan to go after lunch. Paula will ride her bike, which she was supposed to do at the park and I can run, but, Jan says he wants to come too so ok... I thought I could sort of power walk, better than nothing, right? Well... Pol never fell asleep so I had to take him too. Hubby can't cope with him... he's a regular 2 year old but he can't... no comment... so off I go on what was supposed to be a run for me with my kids. Paula on the bike, Jan running beside her and Pol stopping every single minute for a thing or another. In the end though, 4kms in 1 hour and 10 minutes and a great time together!

Better than nothing I guess! Lovely day, beautiful weather, awesome temperature!

No comments:

Post a Comment