Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It's all in the mind

At least that's what I've always thought and a friend of mine, Xevi, just sort of reminded me. He just run the 6 hours in Calella and did a total of 64kms. He said it's amazing how NORMAL LIMITS DON'T APPLY and how it's all in the mind. We can really do anything we want if we believe in it, if the mind believes it, we'll do it!

So, based on that and keeping in mind I do have an eating disorder I've decided to head for a change, a change in lifestyle. Stop dieting and getting to a healthier eating pattern. I'll try to stop obsessing about stuff and see how it goes. I know I can run a marathon, my mind knows too. True, I am not trained yet, but I just know I can do it. In order to do it I must first lose weight, why? Well... it's a lot easier to run without the "backpack" I'm carrying of 30lbs at least... imagine running carrying 23 cans of soda on one side and 23 on the other... it'd surely be easier to run without them. Well, that's about the amount of weight I need to lose. I'll run faster if I don't drag it, so... it's time for it to get off me. I've been so inspired by some of you lately... Barbara's story is amazing. I just wish I had more time, but I must manage with what I have now. And that is, 3 small kids, a full time job and a full time course at university. That's when organization comes in and the mind... it's all in the mind. Let's see how well I can do!

I did get very upset and worried and disapointed on Monday when, at the race, my injury haunted me back but know what? Life goes on so... on with it I shall move! My PT will ask for an appt with his physio and he'll come too, so hopefully that'll be it. I just need a diagnose and an answer, what to do, why it happens and how to avoid it. I want to run, I love it, I feel free and it'll all me doing it.

I am blessed with a lovely family. My kids are great. Pol's growing and is doing so well... his speech is improving daily, the way he gets involved in anything we do... he's adorable. Jan's our little Einstein, asking weird questions and wondering about everything and anything sorrounding us. Paula being a bright little girl and a superb gymnast, loving all she does. I am truly blessed :D

So, I have lots of reasons to make that change, to go ahead, to do it, the first one is me but after me I've got lots more, for me and for them, here I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment