Saturday, November 6, 2010

Running in the dark

After an exhausting week (I wonder how much of that is due to daylight savings...) I went for a run last night. My friend Xavi, whom I send my love and courage as he is injured and suffering, told me to just get out no matter how tired I was and I'd feel better. So I followed his advice and it was great. He said, go out and forget about the pace. Sure enough... I got out there and just run for the sake of it. I got home feeling sooooooooooo alive... I loved it! It is dark at 6pm so I always run in the dark but the temperature's just perfect for running! I love that! I heard on the news that with this daylight saving business each family saves (family, not person) 10€ per year... give me a break! Do we have to go through all this hassle for 10 flipping euros a year per family? Come on... I skip buying fish one day and I save them 10 euros and less problems... amazing what we go through just because "they" make us... argh!

As of next Tuesday I am doing part time. I will work 9-1 until Nov. 30th. I am taking the time to study as I have exams the first week in December but... I will take the time and go running in day light the days I have training. I will go straight at 1 after leaving work so I will have lots of energy when I get back home and will be nice and fresh to study! Woohoo! I will get less money but being on my own for 4 hours before I pick the kids up and such is going to be great. I'll study, of course, but I will also train the days I have training and even if it's only for 3 weeks, I'll be able to do so during the day when I can see where I go and where I want!!!!

This am we've gone to the fair. Last day tomorrow and we still hadn't been :P My sis calls in the am that she wants to come to the city to go to the mall. I say we're going to the fair, why don't you come? She said yes and we've had a whale of a time! Got to the fair at 11 and left at 2. The kids had such a great time! Met lots of kids we knew too! My sis took my kids to the mall with her. I came home, fed Pol his lunch and left him with dad. We had lunch and the mall and did some shopping. Got home after 6 :P What a lovely day... we just played it by ear and it turned out awesome! Got some pyjamas for me, a notebook for Paula, a new purse for me (mine was broken) and my sis got all she wanted and a bit more! Paula was great, so good and well behaved! Jan was ok but could have been better and Harry was a bit more "out" but all in all they weren't bad at all... taking kids shopping is so unfair... they couldn't care less. Paula loved it as she was in the changing room with Lisa all the time feeling special but the boys really "hated" it, they got bored.

Anyway, all in all, a wonderful day. We've got to do it more often. Getting together that is... no need to go to the fair or shopping. Being together is all they want really :D

No comments:

Post a Comment