Monday, November 1, 2010

32 Cros de Sants

I managed to get another run in on Wednesday before a meeting we had (a family course I'm taking). It was great... I relax so much when I can run... I love it! When I finished, my foot was very sore. I looked the blister with pus was filled with blood too... went to the ER after the meeting and the nice (NOT) doctor told me that was no emergency to go home and have my doc see me the next day. I could NOT put my foot on the floor, it was sooooooooooo painful, it was 1am too... I don't go to the ER at 1am (or ever) because I like going... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Anyway, had a chyropodist (sp?) appt on Thursday and she was great. She popped that blister plus another big one I had and I could walk no problem. She said to go to the skin doc as I have flesh under the blisters and not skin as I should have. She gave me a cream with antibiotic, cortisone and anti-fungic (I might have invented that word in English...) and so far it's working great!

And then... we went to Port Aventura on Friday and had a blast. So nice! And... it was Pol's birthday on Saturday! My baby's 2 already! We had lunch with a bunch of friends from Jan's daycare. We still meet 3 years after "graduating" from daycare! We had a surprise cake and candles for Pol, it was very nice!

And yesterday... I run the 32 Cros de Sants in Barcelona! A tough race as it had lots of hills, but nice, very nice! It poured down on us, only for a minute, but POURING, before the start. I was soaked through, so I run in wet shoes and socks and everything else!!!! Objective was finishing under 1:20 as I had been stopped for so long with the dyshidrosis. I finished in 1:09:55 so happy with it, but all in all, happy to be able to run the full race and finish!

Over to Figueres in the afternoon for a chestnut party at a friend's house. It was a lovely afternoon. A little hectic with so many kids but they had lots of fun and to me, that's a 100% success!!!!

Hoping to just stay home today and relax after all these wild days. Back to work tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Jacky... the ER one day and a race the next? Holy cow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I got the problem fixed ;) The thing is that I'm sooooooooo stubborn (too much at times but can't help it...) that I wanted to race no matter what and I was lucky enough to have my foot fixed. Hopefully it stays fixed for good :D

    ReplyDelete