Thursday, July 22, 2010

More on my plate

So, in case I didn't have enough and while I'm still doing nothing I am now thinking of doing a tri, the Garmin Barcelona Triathlon on Oct. 17th on the SUPERSPRINT level, 400m swim, 9,6km bike and 2,5km run... not bad to begin with... I could do the SPRINT in 2011 and then the OLYMPIC in 2012... not a bad plan at all... but as I said... I work full time, I am studying full time, I am a mom full time... geez... tiring only thinking about it. Finding out about the tri though, brought a little spark to my motivation, yes, the one I've been looking for for a while, so that might be just what I needed. I really think I need to get going. It all depends on me, just me... I gotta give that first step and keep going and not looking back, only ahead... sounds easy, right? Well... it really isn't...

Paula's end of term gymnastics "show" is tomorrow... it's bittersweet... it's been a great season, one that will most likely never happen again. Still... we got it and it's been great! Can't wait to see all the exercises they have ready!

Off on a daytrip tomorrow to Torroella de MontgrĂ­, to El Museu de la MediterrĂ nia. The group isn't quite the best, lots of kids and lots of difficult ones too but I'm sure we'll have a great time. "Only" 17 kids next week... but none of the difficult ones are going... oh well... only 4 days to go and then... a month's holiday, yay!

Exhausted, off to bed... went to the psychologist today to hand in the tests he asked for. Appt is next Weds, we'll see what happens. Hopefully he can give me that push I need! Him and then it's me, just depends on me... come on Jacky... take that first step... what the heck are you waiting for???

2 comments:

  1. A triathlon? Holy cow!!! You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, inspire you?? Holy moly... you've just made my day girl!

    ReplyDelete