Sunday, July 4, 2010

Cursa de La Maquinista

It's Sunday. Got up at 6:30 am, showered, got dressed and headed to Barcelona. Got there at 8:10 approximately. Parked and headed to get my bib number and race bag. Changed into the t-shirt they gave me and got ready to start. Upon arriving it was nice and cool and even breezy but at the start of the race it was very hot and humid. Lots of people there, streets were on the narrow side. We set off and I just wasn't with it. I passed the 5K mark at 34:15, not good. I did feel better after though and the next couple of ks felt great but then it was hotter and hotter, lots of uphills... my body wasn't responding. I walked for a total of under 2 minutes in 3 times. Got to the finish in 1:10:24 (pathetic to say the least, then again, another finish!) and to my surprise there was NO water left... I couldn't believe it! I got 2 cans of Aquarius and gulped one down in one go! Lined up to get the sandwich we were given but after waiting for very long and getting nowhere and seing how chaotic it all was I decided to just go, so, no sandwich for me, no yogurts and no chocolate milk. I did buy myself a coffee before jumping in the car and coming back home through a very crowded mortorway.

So, I'm exhausted, no happy with the result, then again, it's another 10K under my belt. Obviously, not training has had it's consequences!

Off for a nap while Pol let's me!

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATS regardless! Staying with it in the heat deserves a medal, in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete