Saturday, June 19, 2010

Saturday

And I haven't run since Weds... there are "good" reasons for it... on Thrusday, when the plan was to go running I just happenned to have a sleepless Weds night... I don't know it was exercising late after 3 weeks not doing so or my insomnia from my hypothyroidism or anything else. Also, DH was snoring and Pol woke up... Needless to say, I was pooped on Thrusday so I opted out although I know running would have done me good. Last night it was the kids end of term show... but... the sky fell open and it was pouring, it rained all night so I couldn't go. I am going tonight, I hope. Rain is forecasted for the evening but so far... the sky is perfectly blue and the temperature is lovely! The show was cancelled until Tuesday, the last day of school!!!

So, school term is over on Tuesday and I'm realizing I will be missing some of my groups... my 1's... there's a little boy that cried and says "no, no, no" everytime the class is over... too cute! My 2's for sure... they're so bright and so "participative"... always singing and speaking lots of English! My 3's... they're a nice group too... my 4's... they've made me sweat big time all year round... there are a few "problematic" children, one diagnosed with HA and AD, he's a little boy adopted in Russia... a handful too, but lovely when he's "ok". Then there's another one who's highly agressive, that's 99% of the time, the other 1% he's extremely caring... he shouts all the time... another handful. There are other "disturbing" elements in that class and a lot of inmature children (23 kids in that class) but I will miss them dearly... because they've made me work so hard... also I have seen a change in that group and some of the girls have grown to love singing and get good responses from them! And then my 5's... not quite sure I will be missing them much... maybe 2-3 children... then again... one who's a true pain (very rude, loud, "I know it all" kind of kid, always getting away with murder at home, uneducated...) told me he had a headache yesterday and he started crying. He had a high temperature... and although it's been really hard for me to "like" him, I felt so sorry for him and I just couldn't leave him alone and I sat with him and kept him company while mom wasn't picking him up... goes to show!

I am doing Summer School in July. I have the 4's. The week with most children I'll have 25, some weeks only 18, woot!

Kids are doing good. Jan's teacher told me how happy she is with Jan, how he's improved, how bright he is... I thought I'd cry... Paula's teacher also said she's improved a lot, learning to wait her turn to talk, LOL! No feedback from Pol's daycare... but will have some next year :)

Off to Girona to collect some photos and maybe buy the kids some summer shoes... would be about time too!

2 comments:

  1. Ah summertime!

    I have missed yet another day of running because Isaac became very sick. But he is OK now. AND I have a sinus infection. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. An update: Isaac has an ear infection! I updated my blog with that info as well as other new info. :(

    ReplyDelete