Saturday, December 31, 2011

Hello 2012!

Hi there!

It's been a few days and lots have been going on.

First of, I'm so so so pleased with my new job and my coworkers. I feel so blessed. The head teacher is just an amazing human being and has congratulated me and encouraged me to keep going. We had our Christmas meal on the 16th and it was lots of fun. We shared a ride with 4 other teachers... we would have never left the car... we had such a great time, LOL!

On Sunday Dec. 18th I run a few laps of the marathon for the marathon (a TV program to raise money for different causes every year. It was transplants this year)

The kids did their Christmas Show at school and it went great. Then Paula and Jan did their gym show and it was very nice.

We went over to mom's on Christmas Eve and did the TiĆ³. The kids were so happy with their little tokens... it was magical. Paula and Jan slept over at Lisa's and Pol came home with us. We spent Christmas day at mom's again and the kids had a great time again! We went for a lovely walk... we've had beautiful weather, no coats/jackets needed, the sun's been shining.... perfect!

On Monday Dec. 26th I run the Sant Silvestre Riudellotenca. A 7k. One could tell I hadn't been properly training. Finished 3 seconds slower than last year but happy with it!

I managed to go out training on Tuesday Dec. 27th and Thursday Dec. 29th when I went to Barcelona to by my trisuit and met with Eva to run around Montjuic... what a beautiful place and what great company! She's such a blessing!

Today is the last day of 2011 and I've run 2 5K races. One in Lloret in the morning, a 5K with 3 more ks of warmup and cooldown and one in Girona in the afternoon, another 5k with 2 more of warmup and cooldown. Did all my stretching and that left me feeling great! I did 35:38 in the am and 34:50 int he afternoon... Quite happy as I was extremely tired and sleepy by the afternoon! Eva and the kids came to Lloret in the am... it was great! Another lovely day with fantastic weather... we're so spoiled!!!! The kids, all 3, ran in the morning too, doing fantastic jobs! Paula was the 5th female runner in her group! I'm so proud! Jan did such a great run and was so eager... and Pol... what can I say... he knew he was in a race... that boy is so sweet... what champs! Paula run in the afternoon too and she placed 2nd! I am so blessed. I have a beautiful family!

So, it is HELLO 2012 in 44 minutes from now... what a year 2011's been... full of ups and downs but ending in a great way. I'm sure 2012 will be another great year. I'll make the most of it at least :D My word for 2012 is TRY!

HAPPY 2012: Health, joy, peace, kms, happiness, love and friendship!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment