Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Hope Endures 5K

Reading the blogs I'm subscribed to, I came across the Hope Endures 5K which I've posted about. I thought it'd be such a nice thing to do. I've not been there although I almost was but mine due to long labor and well... in the end all went well but it was close. Still these are those kind of things that just move me... I can't stay still, so I decided that, despite not having done anything in like 7 weeks, I'd run this 5K and so I did! I'm happy and proud to report that Ashlyn pushed me all the way so I didn't have to walk a bit (didn't have the need for it) and finished in less time than I estimated (I thought I'd run it in 40 minutes) finishing in 34:20. Pretty proud of it and happy to have run for and with Ashlyn!

Ashlyn, you've got a heck of a mom. You'll always be with us!

2 comments:

  1. Nice work, especially after not running for so long! And a great time too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy!
    I did get injured but hey... I ruptured some fibers on my achylles which means sidelined for about 2 weeks but I'll come back stronger for sure!
    The time isn't great, I know, but I was, believe it or not, running even slower, the last few times I ran (over 7 weeks ago!).
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete