Sunday, January 23, 2011

Cursa St. Antoni

So today was the day... I went to Barcelona last night to sleep at my brother's since the temperatures were dropping a lot and I was afraid I'd find lots of ice on the road in the am. By 7pm last night we were at 0ÂșC already :o

So off I went, had a toast with ham for dinner and off to bed after a little chat with Dani. Slept well but woke up without feeling like running :( Anyway, got ready and headed down. As we were arriving, seeing everyone warming up was great already. Me some people I knew and the race started :D

So happy to see "my" Xavi on K2 and then further along on the 5th more or less and then on the 8th... he gave me wings and took photos too, that I hope to have later on!

So, off I went with the gun, the air was crispy for sure but I had to take my windbreaker off as I was getting too hot :p The kms started going by... felt better after the first 2.. My Garmin marked 10.3k in 1:10:07 which is 6:49 per km... great for me in all ways. Official results say 1:09:33, if it's the same distance... even better :p, if not, if it's exactly 10K then it's a tad slower but .3 of a k is a lot to be "off", so I've gone faster that I thought... I'm too happy! Loving it. Yes, yes, I know it's slow, but still, it's great!

The best thing??? I ran... pain FREE!!! Woohoo! And I managed to run the full thing. My last "long" run was on Jan 9th and then I've "only" done 4-5ks so, couldn't be happier... will be good and try to do things better so I can improve my times... I want to get closer to 1hour for the 10K!

Also, tomorrow I'm starting my protein diet... can't wait... I hope I can keep up with it and lose some weight. That alone should make me go faster, LOL! I need to lose the equivalent to 4 gallon bottles of milk approximately. There's no hurry. I guess the first few kgs will come off (I just guess) easier than the rest but hey... they didn't pile up overnight either, LOL!

Ok... here I go, to be a better, happier me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment