Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Signs...

Well, it's been a while, than again, that's me, right?

On Monday, Jan 7th I had my stitches out and on Tuesday, Pol hit me (by accident) with his cast on the wound and it opened. I went to the doc and she said it opened because it was infected. I had to take antibiotic and go cure the cut at the nurse every other day. I went again yesterday and don't have to go until next Tuesday (unless anything happens) but I have to cure the cut daily at home... no problem! It does look better but it's a major cut, looks ugly...

Ok, so I've been getting signs about the half, like not being able to sell the bib after 2 tries, getting e-mails, Paula's competition, that seems to be falling on the Saturday (5th) not the Sunday... and I just had another one... and it was negative slpits on my run tonight... don't know how I did it or how it happened, but I did... amazing... a bit faster every km :D

I went out running on Monday, hadn't run since Sitges because of the accident on the cut. If I didn't go out, I'd burst or bite someone so out I went. I wanted to run slowly but run. And so I did... it was great! I did a total of 7kms including warmup and cooldown. I did another 7 today and when I checked my Garmin I saw the negative splits... really cool! I do have to say it was a comfy run as in no pain (or hardly any) but feeling my lower legs a lot now, almost 2 hours after my run... have felt them since about 30 minutes after the run... hoping it's nothing (fingers crossed).

I have a 10K on Sunday. That will be a good trial. The idea is to stop by the waterfron in Barcelona on the way home from the race (it's in Barcelona) and do a few more kms and maybe a few more when I get home... we'll see... will depend on how my legs feel but would like to try. If I am to run the half I should do a high mileage day even if it's cut up into pieces!

About the diet... I went to the chemist... no Kot products here in Girona, but was informed about Siken, so I'm going for it. Bought some stuff already. Will start on Monday (as I have the race on Sunday and a dinner on Friday!) and do phase 0 for 5 days (through Friday), then phase 1 for 6 weeks (that's the intention), phase 2 for another 6 weeks (might do either longer, we'll see) and then go onto phase 3 and last and be on it for 4 weeks aprox. It will take a lot of C.O.N.T.R.O.L. I am eating a lot, lot, lot these days and I'll go from a lot to very little... I think that if I make it through the first day, that'll be it. If I can get to the half having lost even only 1kg it'll be a huge success!!!!

Off to bed... it's almost midnight... I'm knackered.

Oh, BTW, Paula's been moved to an upper group until her first competition at least. First day yesterday, she did great. Coach says she improved so much already in one day. Finally someone listening to me... she wasn't progressing as there are 9 new girls in her group and they're going at their pace. She's loving the new group :D

Can I do it? Yes I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment