Sunday, October 24, 2010

Cursa de la Dona de Barcelona (Run for the Cure)

So, after having gone for a run on Weds and Fri after such a long time, I decided to back out on the 10K I had for today and signed up for the Run for the Cure in Barcelona, a 5K wich was doable, compared to the 10K.

I have to say, I finally was able to use my new toy, my Garmin 305 on Friday and that I loved it! Still figuring out how it works but I love it!

So, got up at 7:30 am, got dressed and headed for Barcelona. Picked up a coffee and a sandwich on the way. Got to Barcelona and then I couldn't find any parking -help- I finally found where to park (paying) and headed to the race grounds. Picked up my timing chip, went porta-potty and headed for the start (there was time for nothing else :P not even warm up...). Crossed the start line 9 minutes after the gun had gone. Lots of walkers, let's not forget this is more a party than anything else. I wasn't able to run for the first 500m because of the amount of ladies out there, 10,300 total today, woohoo! Also, I was zig-zagging all the time (all the 5k's) passing walkers and others so it wasn't easy! Running up the Ramblas in Barcelona was great... all the tourists were watching in awe, LOL! A beautiful and perfect morning. Wish I had someone to run with, meaning I had known someone there. Still it was great. Spoke to lots of women and had a great time!

Finish time for me was 34:13, a PB for me. I was going at 6:20/km for a while and at the end at 5:50, OMG! Fastest was 4:28 which is amazing but avg pace was 6:57 wich is ok with me. Loved the run, would have gone more but it'll have to wait! I've just come back, gotta take it slowly! Sunday next week... Cros de Sants, a 10K... I'm going no matter what! And my brother will be there too!

So... hoping to report more runs! I had pus on my foot last night. It was terribly painful but I'm sorry... I ain't stopping again, can't afford it!

Medium term goal: half marathon (signed up for Feb. 6th and looking at the Feb. 13th one which is nice and flat, might not be able to do Feb. 6th as Paula might be competing that day...)

Long term goal: marathon. I am looking into Barcelona 2012 held the firs Sunday of March. Time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment