Thursday, September 2, 2010

Deceived :(

Aaaaaaaaaaaargh... I had written an extremely long post and it didn't publish... sigh...
So I was saying that training called for a straight 8k run yesterday. It was my first day back at work and I was tired after what felt like a long day (after a month off). I found myself finding excuses not to go for that run. I decided to ignore those voices and after putting Pol in bed, I headed out. I did my usual 2k warmup walk/trot and then proceeded to run. I felt good. I felt fast. But, surprise! I check my GPS... I was going slower than my race on Sunday when I felt I could have gone waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay faster... OMG... I totally sunk. I did a little over 6K and stopped to walk and then did another 1.3K. My pace was slow, very slow so I was upset, very upset. I wonder what's happening... why don't I get any faster? Ok, ok... no training all June, July and only picked it up at the end of August, that could be it, couldn't it?

Extremes Jacky is back... upset on the one had for a terrible pace, yet proud and happy on the other hand for getting out there and getting a run in. A little over 10K including warmup and cooldown.

Training called for 1h15mins of mountain bike today but after work and getting dark at 8, there's no way I can get out. I took a rest day and I think I needed it. I will continue tomorrow.

What to do? Speed, speed, WHERE ARE YOU??? Guess I'll keep going and hope to collect something some day after all the hard work... sigh...

1 comment: