Wednesday, September 22, 2010

OMG!!! I've done it!!!!

Ok, here it goes... I've done it... I've signed up for a half marathon on February 6th 2011... OMG!!! Now it's for real... oh my! I'm so excited! I know it's a bit away but... might actually debut on January 9th but we'll see! Still, this is supposed the be the half of halves here in Catalunya... the first 10K are uphill then it goes down! At least the hard work is at the beginning :P I decided to go ahead and do it after being adviced by 2 good running friends. In life either you take chances and challenges or life just goes by (she says... LOL!) So as if I didn't have enough with a full time job, 3 kids, a husband, the house, being a full time student at uni and having a tiny social life, I have to organize myself to get all the training in! Isn't it exciting? It sure is! I know I can do it... I just gotta do it! I saw this video Susan Stout shared on FB about Ben running off 120lbs... so inspiring and encouraging, very motavitional... so I decided I can do it too! He says if you want to do it, you just have to do it... and aint' he right? He sure is!

My friend Xevi, has told me about LSD, long slow distance (no drugs involved...) so I've googled it and read a lot about it. I still have 4 months but need to start building up. I can't wait. Granollers is only about 35-40 minutes drive from here so I hope my hubby and kids can be at the finish line, it'd mean the world to me!

So there... it's done. I've paid for it, so I better do it!

Haven't trained since my race on Sunday but I am dropping Pol off at the sitters tomorrow pm after school (will do so every Thursday) and will go training. Thursdays will be MY day, yippee!!!! She's heaven sent and Pol will have a blast with her!

Ok... Granollers... here I come!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment