Saturday, September 25, 2010

Training

So, I like running and it helps me relief stress, so it's a 2 in 1 that's wonderful! I went out (finally) on Thursday after dropping Pol off at the sitter's. But it didn't go as well as I expected. I was so eager to get to 5pm to get off work and have some "me" time... Pol stayed crying like crazy and I felt bad, bad for taking time for me (when I really need it...). Anyway, came home, got changed and off I went. Did a full new route with a total of 8k including warm up and cool down in 1 hour. 34 running minutes to cover just a little over 5K, that was a 6'51"/km. I felt good as in not tired but something wasn't right... I just think I'm too overwhelmed with things. I want to do everything and the day doesn't have enough hours, sigh...

I had a meeting at school Thursday night. Went to bed really late, Pol woke up at 3:30, the day (Friday) started horribly and it continued that way at work. I was extremely tired and had to go out for dinner with friends so I went to bed at 2:30am... at least Pol slept the night through until 7:30. I gave him a bottle and put him back in bed. I fell asleep right away. Hubby got up at 10... I did at 11! And had to wake Pol up... funny thing is that he took a +3 hour nap too, LOL!

But I did something really nice today... Xevi was doing the first part of his almost 100km challenge in 2 days. I went and met him at the finish line. Paula came along. It was great... what these guys have done is amazing. Olot-Girona 57.7kms in 5:28... awesome! We were the only ones waiting. The rest were with them, either running along or biking along. I was glad to be there for him.

On the other hand... my foot was very painful today. It's not the blister anymore... it's all the skin tearing, the itch, the feeling of having stones stuck to the sole of my foot and stepping on them all the time, so I went to the ER... it just happens to be dyshidrosis, a sweat gland "disorder". It's only on my left foot and let me tell you it looks disgusting. I was so ashamed to have someone look at my foot! Nothing I can do but hydrate lots and lots and find proper fitting socks. Have to put up with the itch. Try to have my foot aired as much as I can and with a little patience it should get better. So that's it... hydration... yes... lotion on the foot... last place I thought I'd ever hydrate, LOL! At least it's not wards or fungus or anything like that!

Will try to go for a run in the am. It'll all depend on how Pol's night goes. Off to bed, it's 11:17 and need to get my zzzzzzs!

1 comment:

  1. I know it must have been hard to leave Pol behind, but I do believe you did the right thing.

    ReplyDelete