Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Run10 Mediterranean Series- Roses


Here's a photo of us before the race... don't know how to post it further down, so... I guess I must leave it here! BTW, I'm the one on the far left with the red t-shirt and bib #22 , then there's Olga, Albert (speaker), Mercè, Jesús (organizer), Xavi and Zésar. They're all champs!

Can't believe I haven't updated sooner... naughty girl!

I run another 10K on Sunday, the Run10 Mediterranean Series... 1st race of the "circuit" that took place in Roses, a beautiful town on the coast. It was a lovely day... we were very lucky to have NO wind at all which is more than unusual up there! The course was completely flat and paved. 242 finishers, only 30 women but hey... 30 of us were there. It was nice and a little cloudy at the beginning. Race begun at 10am. The sun came out at around 10:45 I think... it was hot... thank goodness I run in a short sleeve :)

So, onto it... I started at the back of the pack, right where I belong (and I say it very proudly) and kept going steady, my own race at my own pace, as usual... I knew there was just 1 runner behind me. I had this man in front that I managed to pass around K4. I clapped as I passed and encouraged him. I then had another man ahead with a blue t-shirt. He walked through the water stop at K5 and then started running again only to stop to walk shortly after and I passed him too. As with the other runner, I clapped and encouraged. I was running on my own... couldn't see the runner ahead of me but kept thinking others were following :p

I have to say that I met some of my fellow "correcats" before the race. It was really nice putting faces to names. Such lovely people! As I approached the finish lines, one of these correcats, Mercè, joined me for about 150 meters... boy, was she running fast! But she got me going too! It was soooooooooooo nice to have someone there with me. She's a sweetie! Got to the finish in... 1:06:20, 1 minute and 11 seconds faster than the 10K in Figueres last week, and of course, a new PR! I was thrilled! Plus I run the full thing!

I did "hurt" my knee on Friday last week and was worried sick as it was painful all Saturday but... felt NOTHING at all during the race and it's only bothering a little now. I do have a groin pull again, same as usual but hoping it'll pass as usual too!

I'm on a new challenge to lose the weight I have to lose... enough is enough... I can't cope with it anymore, so I'm working at it and will until it's gone and it will be FOREVER! Seing my video of the finish line was a reality quick for me... enough is enough! I can do it and I'm going for it!

Off I go... I need new leggings... running with a sweat pants is not helping me... my legs are fat but hey... if you don't like them, just don't look ;)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! And best of luck on the weight loss. Let me know your secrets!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for your new PR. See you in Girona (4-11)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, thanks! Secrets, LOL... eat less, exercise more... it never fails :p Wish I had a secret pill or something, it would make me rich, LOL!

    Xevi, thanks! Yes, see you in Girona!

    ReplyDelete