Sunday, March 21, 2010

And... another 10K!

Well... another race under the belt for me! And a PB again, then again... only normal at this stage, isn't it? I'm so hooked... I'm looking for races all over to see where I can go. Hubby's not too happy about it cause it means staying with all 3 kids on his own but...

So today it was the I CURSA URBANA DE SANT JOSEP in Figueres, where the Dalí Museum is. It wasn't easy... it was a 2 5k lap and there were 3 steep hills twice, that means 6 "important" hills althogether... the race started with one... what a killer but I run it full the first time around in 32:38 which is a PB for me at 5k distance! On the second lap I walked 2 of the 3 hills and it worked wonders. I walked a total of 6 minutes on the race finishing in 1:07:31... I'm thrilled! My first 10k race on 11/29 took me 1:17:11, the second one on 1/24, 1:12:07, that means in 4 months I've improved 10 minutes... not bad, to say the least... I'm happy!!! It was a small race, first edition too... only 299 runners which was great. A lovely atmosphere, perfect organization and very lively. Simply loved it! It's a race to do again despite the hills!

So from now... lots ahead... first one next Sunday 3/28 in Roses, then Girona (at home!) on 4/11, Barcelona (cursa dels Bombers) on 4/18, we're, BTW, sleeping over in Barcelona on the 17th! After that, 5/2 in Empúries, 5/9 in Girona again (start and finish only 800 meters from home!), 5/30, a 12K in Barcelona (with over 40,000 runners!) and 6/6, 10K in Pineda de Mar... those are a lot of Ks or miles but I'm so ready... I am thinking, just thinking of doing a long run on Sunday April 25th that I have o races and go 2 hours to see how far I can go. Why? Well... on 5/9 at home aside from the 10K it's the half. As all halves in Spain you get 2.5 hours to finish *only* and if I saw I did a minimum of 17-18k in 2 hours I might sign up for the half instead of the 10K... we'll see how I feel after having run 4 10ks in only 5 weeks! Maybe it's a silly thing to do... we'll see, it's just a thought ;)

Paula competed yesterday in gymastics for the second time. It was in Terrassa in a, according to me, not suitable sports stadium. Anyway, no medals but we still don't know what place she finished in either. She started on the floor, not as good as on her first competition but very good all in all (I do have to say she slept at school the night before, or should I say she didn't... she was awake all night chatting with her friends...), then the vault... AMAZING is all I can say... she flew... excellent job! Then onto the uneven bars where she went round on her own but needed help to get up, but way better than she did on her first competition! Also, first time she could go round on her own without help... I'm thrilled! And then balance beam... she fell as she walked on it, but she continued and did perfect! Hopefully we'll know her overall position tomorrow... if she does good, having been 6th overall on the other competition and if she does well on the next one on May 15th she gets to go to the final on June 6th! Yes... I have a race that day but I'm sure it won't be at the time of the competition (fingers crossed). In any case, the race is in Pineda and the competition in Barcelona and they're close by! I'm a proud mom!

Little Pol, to be 17 months next week, stayed with a baby sitter, first time one of our kids had to have a baby sitter but it went great. He really had a hard time on the other competition and this way he had someone all to himself and had a great time. Also, it's this girl I know and really trust!

Jan stayed with his grandparents as he got really bored at the competition too. He doesn't like gymnastics. So it all worked out great! Plus Paula had us all to herself which hadn't happened since Jan was born, when she was 2! she was a happy soul too!

So, that's it... spring is in the air and it feels great. I'm enjoying pain free running and I'm on the go... bring the races on!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulacions for your race in Figueres, and see you in Girona (4-11).
    Veig que tens posada al blog, la mitja marató de Nottingham, hi vas? jo vaig fer la marató fa dos anys, un lloc i una cursa molt maca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That is awesome! Aren't PR's wonderful?!?

    ReplyDelete