Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Life is good

Well... howdy! It's been a looooooooooooooooong while... but I'm back and stronger than ever!

School's over, and so is my job :( but :D The kids, all 3, are doing Summer Camp while I'm decluttering the house and doing some training and trying to get some work towards the next school year. I have a few things in sight so we shall see :D

People make mistakes, we all do, but sometimes these mistakes are huge. Ok, I've said it... done!

Kids are doing well, we had our first swim of the season on Saturday at mom's. We had a BBQ and the kids got to swim before and after lunch... they were soooooooooo excited! Pol wasn't too sure about it at first but never wanted to get out in the end... he made huge progress in a day only! Jan was lovely... he had a ball... he loved it, he swam, he splashed, he jumped in right, left and sideways... it was amazing... such a happy little boy! Paula was the mermaid (and the only girl there too...)... her swimming has improved soooooooooooooo much... she did great! She dives in perfectly well now and couldn't have enough. She did get sunburnt on the face and a bit of a sunstroke but she's all ok now! It was lovely!

On Sunday, since Paula had a bit of a fever, we just played it cool and had a lazy day that felt awesome!

Since 10 days ago, I'm back working out and it's feeling awesome. Well, I hadn't run but I have been bike riding regularly. Sunday last week I rode 34kms!!! So after the bike, I started running again. I have come back and I'm slow, slower than ever but I'm back! :D The first day felt great, then one day I went at midday and it was awful... could hardly run, had to walk most of it... then I went back and it felt better... slow, very slow but better, so I'm slowly getting there! I went for a swim today... hadn't gone swimming since Sept. 12th on my tiny triathlon :o so it was about time. I did 850m in 30 minutes which was great as a start!

So, here's the scoop... my plans are as follow:

July 30th... popular triathlon in Banyoles... I might do it, I just might but need to train a lot, a L.O.T.... it's only 25 days away, eek!
August 7th, I might do a 10K in Malgrat
Sept. 4th, 2nd women's triathlon in Barcelona: signed up
Sept. 11th, national day race (12K)
Sept. 18th, cursa de la Mercè in BCN, 10k
Sept. 25th, Nike Run to the Beat Half Marathon in... LONDON!!!!!: registered and flights booked, woohoo!!!!!
Oct. 8-9: WWFoR: half marathon
Oct. 23rd: Half Marathon of the Mediterranean
Nov. 20th: Jean Bouin, 10K
Dec. 4th: Half Marathon of Mataró (we shall see)
Dec. 11th: La Sansi de Lloret (5K9)
Dec. 26th: Sant Silvestre Riudellotenca (7K9
Feb. 5th (I think): Half Marathon of Granollers (I did my first half there last year :D)
Feb. 26th: Half Marathon of Barcelona
March 25th: MARATÓ DE BARCELONA (that's my dream... hopefully I can do it!)
May 18th: Xtrem Running Costa Brava. Selva Marítima, 25km
April 9th: Cursa de Fons de Canovelles, 15km
End of March/beginning of April if not doing Barcelona: Half Marathon of Montornès. I hear it's great and would love to check it out :p
And the huge, huge, huge goal... don't know if doable but I'll try... a Half Ironman at the end of May. I know it sounds big but now that I don't have a job and will have time to train I think it's the moment, the time... I'll never have it as good. I'll try. If it can be, it can be, if not... life goes on :D

Ok, so these are the races I'd like to do. I'll most likely won't be able to do them all but I'll try to fit in as many as I can. Need to fit in St. Antoni sometime in January, Bombers in April, most likely, my city's race or half in early May... we'll see... will depend on many things but I'd really like to fit those in. Baby steps, no hurry... it's a lot of races and only 1 Jacky so, little by little ;)

Loving this "me" time, the opportunity that I've been given... when a window closes, a balcony opens... life is good!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment