Saturday, July 30, 2011

I Triatló Popular de Banyoles









Yay! I did it... I am a triathlete again!

What a wonderful day! Installed the bike rack/carrier on my car last night, had to do some McGyver stuff but got it done! Lots done in the am and at 12:30 sharp I left for Banyoles. Paula came with me as a friend's girlfriend offered to mind her :D Got there, parked relatively close to the place 8) went to get my bib number and race bag, left the bike and material in boxes and waited for the event to start.

When we got to Banyoles it was extremely cloudy and the sky treatened with rain. And it sure did rain... geez... what a storm... but about 20 minutes and it was gone and then the sky was clear, not sunny but clear and... perfect temperature for a competition :D

I am soooooooooooo happy! It was so great! I was in the first leg for swimming. I did the 400m in 11:41... very slow but done. First T was super long... 3:28. Bike ride was 11km and it took me 26:25... have never riden that fast... I'm so in awe! Second T was 2:28 and my 2.5km run was 16:17 which is an average of 6:30m/km which (although super slow) is the fastest I have run in over a year :o I am on cloud 9! Total time was 1:00:19... I estimated it'd take me an hour to finish so I'm very happy with it all!!!!

Wow... I DID IT! I am a triathlete!! Woohoo!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment