Sunday, April 11, 2010

1:04:19


Well... that's what my stop watch says! That's how long it took me to run my 10K today... a new PR by 2 full minutes!!!! Amazing... weather was good, but too good... I was sweating at K1 already... sunny and hot... don't know what I'll be doing in Summer!

The race was great, the atmosphere was wonderful, so many known people! The organization was OUTSTANDING... loved it! The volunteers, the way traffic was held... I give them full marks! The only thing was that the water station was at around K 6.5 and that was a bit "late" for me, other than that it was perfect!

So, another 10K under the belt, next one is next Sunday in Barcelona... a race I've wanted to do for over 4 years and it finally seems to be happening!!! I'm a bit "worried" about the time... I can't keep getting better and better but I will try my best... it's like people are expecting me to get faster each race... at the pace I run now it's sort of "easy" (although there's nothing easy in running...) since I'm so slow but it will get to a point when that won't be like that. Still, what's important to me is that I had fun, I did "suffer" a bit since I pushed but loved it... so worth it!

Had hubby and my 2 boys at K9... what a boost that gave me! It was great seing them. The effort hubby made to get both kids (and himself, LOL) up and dressed deserves a medal!

Paula run the kid's race, 1.2K in 7:08... I'm so proud! She loved it and can't wait for her next race, a 500m on May 9th!

Life is good!

1 comment: