Sunday, February 6, 2011

I'M A HALF MARATHONER!!!

Yes, I did it, I managed, I did it!!!!! Woohoo!!! It wasn't easy... a very hilly course/route and extremely hot plus I was undertrained, but I did it. I run the full distance too. OMG... I can't believe it! I was slow but still... I'm sooooooooooooo happy! 2:43:10 was my time (official)... pleased with it, I won't say otherwise... I don't know what the temp was but it felt more like late spring than winter for sure...

I saw some ladies struggling at points and I gave them the gels I was carrying and when I needed one I didn't have it but still... I made it to the end... I'm pooped needless to say and have blisters over my toes but hey... they're the "proof", LOL!

I tried Susan's ice bath but wasn't able to sit in it for long. I think it'll have done me good though!

Ok... I am a half marathoner, how cool is that?

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS JACKY!!! YOU DO IT!!!! GUAUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaaaaaayyyyyy Jacky! You ROCK! I know that ice bath did you lots of good. And FYI - your first half was ten whole minutes faster than my first half!

    ReplyDelete