Sunday, September 4, 2011

A 10K and a tri!

Ok, so it's September already and haven't updated in a while...

On Sunday August 28th I run the Cursa de la Festa Major de Ripollet. A 10K. It's a challenging course with quite a few hills. I didn't know if I could run it as I had pain on my knee but managed to run it without any problems. I was slow but did it. I finished in 1:12:14, slower than last year but anyway, done!

And today... today I did the II Triatló de la Dona de Barcelona and loved it... I took it easy. I hadn't trained properly so I was going to finish. And I sure did and, surprisingly enough, over 4 minutes faster than last year! Yay! I felt great during the swim and the bike and then stiff during the run where I didn't get to pass anyone but lots passed me... oh well... I finished and felt like wanting more, so I think it's all good! Eva was there too and Cristina made her debut. They did great! I also saw Cristina who did Salitja with me and finished with a huge smile... so happy for her!

Went to Banyoles yesterday as Eva was doing the Olympic triathlon. It was great to see her excel. What a great job she did! Yay Eva! We chatted for a while after and so did our husbands who felt had known each other forever :D The kids were really good!

So, what's next? Marxa de la Diada next Sunday... 12ks... lots of training to be done this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment