Tuesday, February 16, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAULA!!!
















My sweet little (or should I say big??) girl is 7 today!! Happy birthday my love!

Paula's such a blessing (so are her brothers)... we were told we couldn't have children (that was the worse thing I've gone through) and while waiting to start IVF, poof... Paula comes along! What a miracle she (and her brothers) is! It was a long labor to end up in a c-section (not funny) but so worth it... my little girl, she was perfect... adorable, round, rosy cheeks... I fell in love at first sight. She's been very good always, and she's been super special, and still is.

A winner, she is a winner too... she had her first gymnastic competition on Sunday... what a champion she is. I've been very phylosofical with her about raising every time we fall, etc., about never giving up, about trying and trying and trying again... well... first competition, first exercise and boom... she falls (it was the vault)... but... no crying, no upsetting, up she stood and skipped to the coach and got ready for her second vault which she did really well. On they went onto the uneven bars... a little help and a perfect landing! Next rotation: balance beam... an almost perfect exercecise, such good body position! And to finish... floor... couldn't have done better... it was a great day, a lovely experience and she can't wait for next competition! She had a blast and that's what counts, she's loving it! She came in 6th overall out of 55 gymnasts... not to bad for a first timer!

So, she's 7... here's to many many more!

I love you Paula!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Paula!!!!

    Are you on Facebook? I am: www.facebook.com/sstoutarch

    ReplyDelete